We’re wrapping up our look back at the best of the blog in 2013 with a countdown of the most popular ACX success stories of the year. The ACX users featured here have been there and done that – and have valuable insight to share on audiobook publishing and production.
Take one last look at 2013 with us, and use the stories below as inspiration for your own audiobook success in 2014 and beyond!
10. Tim Grahl – Author of Your First 10,000 Copies talks rights reform and audiobook self publishing
9. Anti-Matter Media – The studio that produced Josh Kaufman’s The First 20 Hours checks in to offer their tips for aspiring audiobook authors and actors.
8. Rebecca Forster – Author of the Witness series shares 5 essential steps for bringing your book to life as an audiobook.
7. Badwater – Author Toni Dwiggins and producer Christine Padovan team up to talk both sides of this award winning production.
6. Wendy Lindstrom & Julia Motyka – The author of the popular Grayson series interviews her narrator and gets a snapshot of a typical day in the recording studio.
5. Jared Tendler & Barry Carter – Authors of DIY success The Mental Game of Poker remind readers that ACX also accepts and distributes fully produced audiobooks.
4. H.M. Ward – NY Times & USA Today bestselling author offering marketing advice for fellow ACXers.
3. Arika Rapson – One of 2012’s best producer success stories returns with an update after reaching the 8,500 unit sales mark on ACX.
2. Bella Andre – Super successful ACX author and NY Times bestseller has advice for authors looking to get in the audiobook game.
1. Falling Into You – Our top success story of the year covered all aspects of Jasinda Wilder’s audiobook production, with tips from the author, along with narrator Piper Goodeve and studio pro Pete Rohan.
Are you an ACX success story? Tell us why in the comments, and we might just feature you on the blog in 2014!