In May, we invited 70 ACX producers to our offices in Newark, NJ for ACX University, a day of audiobook production and performance education and networking. Among the highlights, the day featured outstanding presentations from Audible Studio’s pros and Audie-Award winning actors.
Today, we’re featuring part one of the performance intensive Finding Your Voice, featuring Mike Charzuk and Kat Lambrix of Audible Studios, as well as Audie-winning narrator Ellen Archer. Watch the video below, then scroll down for our top takeaways.
Tops Tips From Part One
- Know Your Voice. Learn:
- The demographic you fall into.
- The genres that are right for you.
- The content that’s right for you.
- The accents you’ve mastered.
- Seek Professional Training.
- Professional training can help you refine your demo and ACX samples.
- The two main types of professional training:
- Group classes.
- Private lessons/coaching.
- Learn about top-selling audiobook categories.
- Mysteries and thrillers.
- Business and self-help.
- Romance and erotica.
- Learn the differences between romance, erotica, and new adult.
Join us next week for the second part of this session. You can check out other informative sessions from ACX University on our YouTube channel.
Like what you watched? Subscribe to the ACX blog to get updates every time we post!