This afternoon Amazon announced two innovations that make now, more than ever, the time to get your books into audio (if you haven’t already!) With Whispersync for Voice, Kindle owners can switch seamlessly between reading a Kindle book and listening to the corresponding audiobook from Audible across devices without losing their place. Immersion Reading, available on the just unveiled Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD, allows customers to listen to an audiobook as the text of the corresponding ebook is highlighted on the screen. If you’ve used ACX to produce a digital audiobook version of your book (and your book is on Kindle) what this news means is that readers may now be able to experience your book using Whispersync for Voice, and also that your book may be eligible to become Immersion Reading-enabled. If your book is not yet available in audio, act now to expand your reach and to reach more readers in these exciting new ways.
Search the acx blog
- Amy Daws on Her Authentic Social Media Self
- Make It Snappy: Marketing with URL Shorteners
- Now Hear This: Creating a SoundCloud Link to Promote Your Audiobook
- How to Get (and Keep!) New Audiobook Listeners
- Announcing the Voice of Among Us
- 2018 in Review: How Do You Define Success?
- Mel Robbins on Motivating for Audiobook Success
Follow ACX on Twitter:My Tweets
See what people are saying:My Tweets